- The competition is open to Filipino college students, including Filipino college graduates of SY 2018-2019, who have an innovative technology-based idea/application that may help new or existing SMEs create new economic opportunities and strengthen their competitiveness.
- No fees will be charged for entry into the competition.
- Decisions of the organizers are final in all matters relating to the competition.
- By entering into the competition, authors give consent to UP ISSI and ASIP to use, reproduce, publish and if applicable, edit, their names, photographs, images, all personal and other information, and any videos and other audio-visual or written material and documents submitted by the author, for purposes related to this competition.
- Abstracts should be original and should NOT have been published/submitted for publication or scheduled for presentation.
- Abstracts should be less than 500 words and should provide the following information:
- A quick overview of your technology and its functions;
- Identify the problems/needs of the SME sector your technology aims to address.
- How will your technology address these problems?
- How will your technology impact SMEs?
- Deadline for submission is on 31 July 2019.
- Click this link for abstract submission.
- After the review process, authors will be notified about the acceptance of their abstract by August 16, 2019.
- Abstracts have to be in English and follow the APA formatting and style guide.
- Format: Arial, 11-point, single-spaced, 1-inch (2.5 cm) margin all around, and A4 page setting.
- It must be accompanied by a cover page with name/s of author(s), contact phone number(s), and e-mail addresses. Include at the bottom of the page the following statement:
“This entry contains original research that has not been published earlier in any journal or competition and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.”
Note: Author(s) are required to affix their signatures after the foregoing statement.
- Must be submitted in PDF.
Full paper submission
- Shortlisted authors should submit a full paper using the full paper submission form. To get a MS Word copy of the Full Paper Submission Form, contact the UP ISSI Research Division by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Submission should be emailed to: (firstname.lastname@example.org). UP ISSI will send an acknowledgment email.
- Deadline for submission is on September 15, 2019.
- Format: Use Arial, 11-point, double-spaced, 1-inch (2.5 cm) margin all around, and A4 page setting. References may be single spaced.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an endorsement letter from a faculty adviser.
Rubrics (Abstracts and Full paper)
All submissions will be reviewed and screened based on:
- Originality and innovativeness
- Technical feasibility
- Opportunity for business success
- The top three finalists are given the opportunity to present their innovative technology during the 9th ASIP International Conference on October 4, 2019 at the National College of Public Administration or the UP ISSI, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City.
- A total of 15 minutes will be given to each presentor. An open forum will follow after the presentations. style.
- The winners will receive cash prizes as follows: 1st prize: USD 250; 2nd prize: USD 150; 3rd prize: USD 100.
- Winners will be announced and awarded during the 9th ASIP Conference gala dinner on October 4, 2019.