Accounting for Non-Accountants (AfNA)
The course is open to entrepreneurs/owners, accounting personnel and professional, finance personnel, students, and participants should be proficient in the use of EXCEL software.
In general, the course seeks to enable participants with accounting background to explain and apply the principles, basic tools, and techniques of the accounting process.
Specifically, at the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- define accounting and describe the role of accounting in making informed decisions to improve the business;
- explain types and uses of various financial records and how to prepare them;
- define “financial position,” state the accounting equation and show how the two are affected by simple transactions;
- identify and prepare basic financial statements;
- apply accounting principles;
- read financial statements, and analyze and
- use them for decision-making
- implement basic internal control to safeguard the assets and maintain the integrity of financial records.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Accounting Cycle
- Business Taxation
- Cash Flow
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Spreadsheet accounting
- Case studies and workshops
- Preparation and presentation of Case output
Register online at UP ISSI Training and Entrepreneurship Education Division (TEED)
Tel. Nos. (02) 426-5759 or 928-7076 to 79