Supervisory work permeates across all levels of organization from top management down to the heart of operations. The supervisor’s post is one of the most demanding, requiring high quality performances, which directly manifests its impact on the quantity, quality and cost of outputs as well as on the motivation and morale levels of workers in his section. Cognizant of this role, a supervisor needs to be equipped with competencies for the effective and efficient discharge of his task. Training is certainly one way by which the supervisor can be helped to acquire optimum levels of supervisory knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSA).
The Online Productivity through Effective Supervision (PES) Course aims to develop supervisory knowledge, skills, and attitudes for effective and efficient management operation on the other.
Specifically, upon completion of the course, participants are expected to:
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a supervisor
- Demonstrates skills in communicating, motivating, training/developing workers
- Explain concepts, elements, methods/procedures in operation planning and control and problem-solving and decision-making
- Explain the tools and techniques employed in productivity circles
- Managing People: Explains the supervisor’s role in the organization and presents the concepts and dynamics in motivating and directing people, effective communication, and the use of training as a staff development intervention.
- Managing Operations: Explains tools and techniques in operations planning and control problem-solving and decision-making, and presents procedures in the productivity circle approach.
- Application Module: Integrates all previous inputs and provides application sessions on supervisory tools and techniques.
- Would-be supervisors